Petroleum Club of Houston

About

The Petroleum Club of Houston is the consequence of a vision, vigorous effort and accomplishment. The vision was shared originally by Wilbur Ginther, Howard C. Warren and Harris Underwood. The effort was expended by a score of men and the accomplishment is one of the nation's finest, most attractive clubs, towering above Houston's busy commercial avenues.

The inspiration for an exclusive, handsome club of and for men of the oil industry was crystallized on January 31, 1946, when the Petroleum Club’s charter was secured from the State of Texas. The Club’s original location was atop the Rice Hotel in downtown Houston. To meet the requirements of an increasing membership and the greater demands for its services, the Club moved into the 43rd and 44th floors of the ExxonMobil Building in 1963. In 2015, the Club began its next chapter on the 35th floor of 1201 Louisiana.

Editor's note: Updated Oct. 21, 2021.

Headquarters Address

1201 Louisiana St, 35th Floo
Houston, TX 77002
United States

Main Phone Number

News

Petroleum Club of Houston President Paula Harris recently sat down with Hart Energy to discuss the club’s 75th anniversary celebration…