Tag Oil Hits 10.4-m Mt. Messenger Sands Pay Zone

Drilling Activity Details

Locations

New Zealand

Operators
Post Date
Well Name
#1-Pukatea
Geo Coordinate

Drilling Activity Summary

Description

Tag Oil Ltd. announced that it hit pay at exploration well #1-Pukatea in permit area 51135 in the New Zealand’s Taranaki Basin. The Mt. Messenger Sands pay zone was 10.4 m thick at a depth of 1,681 m. Electric log data indicate that there is at least one potentially oil-charged zone with movable hydrocarbons, good porosity and permeability. Tag has set intermediate casing at the North Island well and plans to drill ahead to the targeted Tikorangi Limestone. The planned depth of the well is 3,170 m. Tag, based in Vancouver, British Columbia, is the operator of PEP51153 and the #1-Pukatea, with 70% interest in partnership with Melbana holding the remaining 30% stake.