Tag Oil Announces Results From Mt. Messenger Exploration Well

Drilling Activity Details


New Zealand

Post Date
Shore Type
Well Name
Geo Coordinate

Drilling Activity Summary


Tag Oil Ltd. has reported that exploration well #1-Pukatea was completed in Mt. Messenger and encountered 12.9 m of oil-and-gas bearing sands. The zone was perforated and during a flowtest, it produced up to 600 bbl per day of fluids after cleanup. During a 12-hour test on a 24/64-in. choke, the stabilized rate was 276 bbl of oil equivalent (74% oil) without artificial lift. The well is in onshore PEP51153 license in the Taranaki Basin. Vancouver-based TAG is the operator of the Puka Block PEP51135 and #1-Pukatea with 70% interest in partnership with Melbana Energy, holding the remaining 30%.