Report For Tullow Oil Offshore Jamaica Prospect: 229 MMboe.

Drilling Activity Details



Post Date
Shore Type
Geo Coordinate

Drilling Activity Summary


A report for Tullow Oil from updated 3-D seismic data by ERC Equipoise Ltd. indicates that the offshore Jamaica Walton-Morant license gross, unrisked mean oil prospective resource is 229 MMboe, an increase of about 10 MMbbl. The survey covered 2,250 sq km of recent 3-D seismic data at the Colibri prospect to de-risk highly prospective Cretaceous- and Tertiary-aged clastic and carbonate reservoir targets, including Colibri, that have been mapped by London-based Tullow on 2-D seismic data. Tullow is the operator of the 32,065-sq-km Walton-Morant block with 80% interest in partnership with United Oil & Gas holding the remaining 20%.