Petronas Appraisal Well In East Java Flows 1,656 Bopd.

Drilling Activity Details



Post Date
Well Name
#2-Bukit Tua
Geo Coordinate

Drilling Activity Summary


According to Oil and Gas International, Petronas has confirmed additional oil pay with appraisal well #2-Bukit Tua in the offshore Ketapang Block in East Java, Indonesia. The appraisal well was drilled to 2,176 meters and penetrated CD and Kujung carbonate reservoirs. A drillstem test for the CD carbonate interval had a flowrate of 1,656 bbl. of oil per day. It was tested on a 2-in. choke but flowing tubing and casing pressure data is not available. An addition drillstem test is planned for the shallower Kujung reservoir. Evaluation to determine the extent of the Bukit Tua South Field is on-going. Production from the Bukit Tua Field is expected to begin by year-end 2014. Petronas is the operator of the Ketapang Block and the Bukit Tua South wells with 80% interest in partnership PT Saka Energi Indonesia, holding the remaining 20%.