ConocoPhillips Announces Gas Condensate Discovery Results from Block 6507/4-1, Offshore Norway

Drilling Activity Details



Post Date
Shore Type
Well Name
Geo Coordinate

Drilling Activity Summary


ConocoPhillips announced a new gas condensate discovery in the Norwegian Sea in production license 1009, Block 6507/4, near Victoria Field and northwest of Heidrun Field. The Warka discovery well, #6507/4-1, was drilled in 399 m of water to 4,985 m. Preliminary estimates indicate the discovery holds between 50 MMboe and 190 MMboe of recoverable gas condensate. The primary and secondary exploration targets for the well were to prove petroleum in reservoir rocks from the Albian and Aptian ages and in the early Intra Lange sandstones (Cretaceous). In the primary exploration target, the well hit a 27-m gas column in sandstone layers in Lange with moderate but uncertain reservoir quality. No gas-water contact or reservoir rocks were encountered in the secondary target. Additional appraisal work is planned. After completion, the rig will be moved to drill exploration well #6507/5-10S (Slagugle) in PL891, north-northeast of Heidrun Field. Houston-based ConocoPhillips is the operator of the lPL1009, Block 6507/4, and the discovery well, with 65% interest in partnership and PGNiG holding the remaining 35%.